About Sandstorm Software
Sandstorm Software is a software development firm in Townsville Queensland.
The mission of Sandstorm Software is to solve challenges faced by government agencies with innovative software.
The core values of Sandstorm Software is to conduct business with honesty, integrity, whilst providing the highest level of excellence of service, and striving for continuous improvement in all aspects of business.
We provide custom software development services to:
- improve admin staff efficiency,
- turn paper forms into electronic workflows,
- provide online learning facilities,
- and assists organisations with their strategic objectives.
This is accomplished through:
- web development,
- web app development,
- mobile website development,
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management) customisation,
- LMS (Learning Management System) customisation,
- database integration,
- and software development consultation and code reviews.
Sandstorm Software’s Focus
Our primary focus is to assist local and state government agencies. The areas of work that Sandstorm Software would like to service are:
- web application projects that are programming-intensive,
- complex websites that deal with scalability issues for thousands/millions of users,
- and machine learning projects that solve difficult problems never achieved by computers before.
RIDE Integration Project
The most challenging project that Sandstorm Software has completed was creating a database integration software that allowed its client, Tropical Medical Training (TMT), to meet its contractual requirements with its parent organisation GPET, and share data between the two organisations. This RIDE (https://ride.gpet.com.au/) Integration project entailed the following:
- Understanding the Minimum Data Set (MDS) document.
- Modifying TMT’s database to be compatible with the MDS.
- Writing software that compared all of the records in TMT’s database with the records in the GPET’s RIDE database and, based on complex business rules, uploaded and downloaded data between the two databases to synchronise all of the data.
- Testing the system thoroughly to ensure no data corruption in either database.
- Releasing and maintaining the Integration software to fix bugs and be up to date with the latest version of the MDS.
This project was a great success as:
- it reduced the workload of TMT’s program admin staff as they no longer had to do double entry into their own database and the RIDE database.
- it met TMT’s contractual requirement with GPET.
- and it had a very low rate of low risk bugs after the initial release.